Carpets by Mary Zicafoose
Mary is now producing her bold designs and vivid color palette into beautiful wool and silk hand-knotted carpets manufactured by InnerAsia/Khawachen. Based on original "Ikat" tapestries of resist dyeing and over-dyeing fibers. These designs represent the artist's vision to marry the alchemy of color compositions and archetypal symbols referencing the elaborate and intricate patterns of our lives.
The term "Ikat" means to "bind" or "tie" in the Malayasian language. Each of these densely woven and intricately layered designs reflects the infinite and repetitive ways that cultures, rituals, and collective memories bind us all together. By evolving her timeless motifs into carpets, Mary provides another occasion for you to own a hand-made, collectible carpet in your home or business.
- 100 Knot Quality
- All Wool with Silk Highlights
- 100% Tibetan Highland Sheep Wool
- Hand Carded
- Hand Spun
- Hand Knotted
- Made in Nepal
- Standard Rug Sizes
- 2'x3' • 4'x6' • 5'x7' • 6'x9' • 8'x10' • 9'x12' • 10'x14'
- Runner Sizes
- 2'6"x8' • 2'6"x10' • 2'6"x12' • 3'x10' • 3'x12'
- Available in custom colors and sizes up to 18 feet in width and unlimited length.
- GoodWeave certified child labor free
Request a Custom Quote
If you'd like more information about ordering a Mary Zicafoose hand-knotted carpet, please request a custom quote.